A journal dedicated to allied health professional practice and education
http://ijahsp.nova.edu ISSN 1540-580X
A Peer Reviewed Publication of the College of Allied Health & Nursing at Nova Southeastern University
IJAHSP Code of Conduct
IJAHSP wholly supports and follows the Health On the Net (HON) Code of Conduct to improve the quality of the medical Internet. We have invited the HON code team to review and critique our web site and content for compliance. This is an ongoing, continuous quality assurance process. We are continuously involved in external and self evaluation. We ascribe the eight core principles of the HON Code of Conduct Version 1.6 April 1997:
- Authority: Any medical or health advice provided and hosted on this site will only be given by medically trained and qualified professionals unless a clear statement is made that a piece of advice offered is from a non-medically qualified individual or organization.
IJAHSP publishes the works and opinions of authors and provides no medical or health care advice. To the extent possible, any information that is or may be construed as advice by the reader will be clearly labeled as such. All such information, advice and opinion is that of the listed author and not that of IJAHSP.
- Complementarity: The information provided on this site is designed to support, not replace, the relationship that exists between a patient/IJAHSP visitor and his/her health care provider.
- IJAHSP is a journal for and by allied health professionals. The intent of the IJAHSP is to share information among providers of health care. In many cases, the information provided here is experimental, opinion, conjecture or discussion based and meant for furthering the principles of academic discovery and should not be used for self or patient care without the consultation of a licensed health care provider.
- Confidentiality: Confidentiality of data relating to individual patients and visitors to a medical/health Web site, including their identity, is respected by this Web site. The Web site owners undertake to honor or exceed the legal requirements of medical/health information privacy that apply in the country and state where the Web site and mirror sites are located.
IJAHSP does not routinely collect personal data or information. Any information collected for the purpose of subscription, from our contributors and authors, and from individuals that make contact with us is held in strict confidentiality and will not be provided to any third party without the expressed, written consent of that individual. We intend to fully follow all laws of the State of Florida, and the United State of America governing confidentiality.
- Attribution: Where appropriate, information contained on this site will be supported by clear references to source data and, where possible, have specific HTML links to that data. The date when a clinical page was last modified will be clearly displayed (e.g. at the bottom of the page).
- Justifiability: Any claims relating to the benefits/performance of a specific treatment, commercial product or service will be supported by appropriate, balanced evidence in the manner outlined above in Principle 4.
- Transparency of authorship: The designers of this Web site will seek to provide information in the clearest possible manner and provide contact addresses for visitors that seek further information or support. The Webmaster will display his/her E-mail address clearly throughout the Web site.
- Transparency of sponsorship: Support for this Web site will be clearly identified, including the identities of commercial and non-commercial organizations that have contributed funding, services or material for the site.
IJAHSP is supported by the College of Allied Health and Nursing at Nova Southeastern University in Ft. Lauderdale FL. The College of Allied Health and Nursing, along with its volunteer editorial and review boards, contributes all funding, services, and materials for this site. The journal accepts no commercial or non-commercial product advertising of any type.
- Honesty in advertising & editorial policy: If advertising is a source of funding it will be clearly stated [with the word "advertisement"]. A brief description of the advertising policy adopted by the Web site owners will be displayed on the site. Advertising and other promotional material will be presented to viewers in a manner and context that facilitates differentiation between it and the original material created by the institution operating the site.
- Journal articles on this site may be freely distributed in the classroom and for all educational purposes. Articles or manuscripts must not be altered in any way and must contain the logo and all copyright information.
HON Code and MedHunt
We subscribe to the HONcode principles. Verify here.
For more information, you may review the HONcode online at: http://www.hon.ch/Conduct.html
Our HONcode ID number: HONConduct137928
We are included with a description of our content in MedHunt, the HON Foundation search engine at: http://www.hon.ch/cgi-bin/new?HON10454
For any questions regarding this web site or our compliance with the HON Code, please feel free to contact the web master. Please report to us any discrepancies with the HON Code on our site so we can make immediate corrections. Use the site checker provided by HON to assist your assessment of any HON site. Thanks.